Sunday, March 13, 2016

Linen Stitch Love Affair

Hello peeps.  I hope everyone is doing well and not stuck where the weather is bad.  We are very lucky here in New Mexico.  The joke here is if you don't like the weather wait a few minutes as it's bound to change. 

I've been knitting up a storm.  I am in LOVE with the linen stitch.  I'm not sure why it took me so long to try it.  I've made several cowls and scarves and just love them.  Unlike the moss stitch, the fabric is different on the back.  At first that sort of bothered me but I've gotten over it.  The linen stitch creates a dense fabric and depending on the yarn, it will look different.
 I'm in love with the colors of this yarn.  Can you see the design the linen stitch?  I just love it.
Hello love.
Both of these cowls will be listed in my etsy shop soon!  The name of my shop is 505whimsygirl.  What do you think of that?  I can't believe I had the hindsight to do that!!

Knitting the linen stitch in the round is so easy!  When working in the round the right side of the fabric is always facing you.  Working in the round requires an even number of stitches.  The weight of the yarn will determine how many stitches to cast on.  I think I cast on around 80 for these cowls.

Round 1:  *K1, slip 1 with yarn in front; repeat from * around.
Round 2:  *Slip 1 with yarn in front, K1; repeat from * around.

Really, what you are doing is just continuing with the K1, slip 1 with yarn in front.  It's THAT simple!  I don't have to worry about where I'm at when I put down my project and pick it back up.  

I think I'm coming to grips with Windows 10 and have been able to organize my photos a bit.  I'm still not sure exactly where they go once they're downloaded but I'm getting better, thanks to a WOYWWer that gave me some tips!  

Peace,
Kay



3 comments:

Robin said...

Hi Kay!!! What a pretty stitch. Is that the same stitch that is used for washcloths? I saw knitted washcloths at the Winter Craft shows and the stitch looks familiar. After the first paragraph I no longer understood your Knittersese, a language for the knitters. Your cowls are so pretty and I agree the first color is my favorite although the blue is beautiful too! Glad to hear you are going to start Etsy. I am not out there yet but hopeful to have some pieces done and some coloring pages too. I have about 10 ready to go but I know there are so many out there. Oh Amazon is doing homemade items now too!!!! Big hugs and beautiful weather to you my friend. Rasz

Neet said...

Never heard of that stitch. But it is pretty. I especially like the blue one - but then I tend to go for that colour. Good luck with the shop.
Lovely to hear from you, miss you on woyww.
Hugs, Neet xx

Connie said...

Hi Kay, that stitch is new to me, too, but very lovely and the yard you chose is beautiful. I'm happy to hear that you are getting on with your Windows 10, it is always a troublesome thing to switch to a new program. Have a wonderful weekend.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)