Saturday, March 9, 2013

Look What I Saw!!!

Imagine my total glee at pulling up next to this amazing little truck AND having my camera!  The world was aligned and all is well!


I got caught by the owner of this little beauty - and if I was a fast thinker I would have taken a photo of her next to her truck.  She is a sweetheart.  She's an artist that works in jewelry, glassworks and sculpture.  The name of her business is  Goodbetty-Badbetty Deisngs.  She named it after Bettie Page, the famous pin up from the 1950s.

Bettie Page is known for her 1950s pin-up photos.  She was often referred to as the "Queen of Pinups."  Later in life she converted to evangelical Christianity and worked for Billy Graham.  If you'd like to learn more about Bettie Page and her life go HERE.  When I was reading up on Bettie Page I saw her tombstone.  I think Debbie used the same font for the name of her company and her name.  

There is a Las Vegas here in New Mexico - not to be confused with the one in Nevada!  

Today I'm doing laundry and working on another canvas.  This one is going to be a birthday present.  I'm almost done and am happy with how it's going.

Peace,
Kay

11 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I wish she had a blog, I bet she would be fun to read. Did she look like Betty Page? I collect BP pin ups in a "secret Pinterest board", lol She was quite a rebel in her younger days. waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

Anne said...

Hi Kay sounds like a great lady. Anne x.

Hettie said...

What a fabulous truck. I wonder what my Hubby would say if I did my Volvo like this! Tee Hee!
x

Craftychris said...

Now that is one cool truck! I am looking forward to seeing your latest canvas xx

Di said...

Wow Kay, that's a brilliant truck! Hugs, Di xx

Darnell said...

What a delightful alignment of the planets, Kay, that brought you next to that awesome truck and its owner! We saw a documentary on PBS a couple of years ago about Betty Page. Really fastening! Hmmm, I wonder if that's a real word? I'll have to check. In the meantime, let's call Betty fascinating instead!!

Cynthia Patterson said...

Love it!!!

Yup that says it all :)

blessings,
Cynthia♥

Marianne said...

neat! so great that you were able to talk to the owner. She sounds like she would be a fun person to know.

Connie said...

Wow!!! you would never loose that truck in the WalMart parking lot, LOL. I just want to say how very pretty I think your "Hello Sunshine" canvas is . . . I love it :)
Have a happy sunny sandal wearing day :)
Connie

Jean said...

I have nominated your blog for a Liebster Award. Please check out my blog post here
http://pagesintime.blogspot.com/2013/03/liebster-award.html

Nan G said...

Cool truck!