Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hello Owl

A while back I got a surprise in the mail from Lynn over at One I Made Earlier Today.  She is the queen of doodly birds!  As a fellow doodler, we hit it off straight away.  

I started noticing owls, a lot.  I did a doodle and fell in love.  I even named him Ollie Owl! Unfortunately I can't "find" him in my photo library --note to self -- organize photos!

Anyways, I received a surprise package all the way from the U.K. from Lynn. 
Isn't this fabric just too dang cute!
What an adorable button!!!
While in JoAnn's I found this great owl pattern for potholders!  Aren't they adorable.  O.k. so my sewing machine is at the back of the deep closet and I honestly haven't sewn anything in years.  It's something for me to look forward to.  Although I won't be digging out my machine until after a craft fair that I'm in - in November.  

Lynn's cute doodly bird signing away to the owls.
The potholder pattern is in the background - aren't they cute!
Again, thank you Lynn for the lovely surprise!  I honestly thought I'd make a potholder before showing off your gift but that hasn't happened yet.

Peace,
Kay


8 comments:

Redanne said...

Hi Kay, Lynn is a very kind and generous lady. I have been fortunate enough to meet up with her and we have swapped little gifts too. Your owl fabric and button are just gorgeous! I hope you will post your potholder once you have made it. Crafty hugs, Anne x

Michelle Webb said...

Thank you Kay, you always leave me the most wonderful messages. These owls are wonderful and you've got a wonderful crafty friend there. Yes you're right, I love our crafty friends, they are so generous. Michelle x

Anonymous said...

Kay, Thank you for your visit, It means alot to me, esp. that I have been out of the loop recently due to moving out of state.
I am adoring your hotpads and buttons.. love the owls so much!

Di said...

Kay, such wonderful owls and how kind of Lynn.

If you decide to do owls instead of your very own and unique doodly birds then I wonder if you perhaps posted a photo of Ollie on your blog a while back?

Aha - I just did a search of your blog .......does this help?

505whimsygirl.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/woyww-happy-anniversary.html

Do be sure to claim copyright if you use them :)

Hugs, and miss you too, Di xx

SandeeNC said...

OK, you make some of those owl pot holders and I'll buy some from you!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina:)

Lynn Holland said...

Hi Kay,
Glad you like the cute fabric and button my blog friend.
You must check out the Tag Tuesday Challenge this week the theme is OWLS
Can't wait to see your potholder.
Lynn x x x

scrappymo! said...

So very cute!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

The potholders are too cute! You can totally mix and match fabrics for them and make them whimsical. The fabric you got is so fun! And doodly!