Saturday, July 14, 2012

Project Pinterest - Cloth Covered Hangers

Have you discovered Pinterest yet?  I am over the top in love with this!  I think I'm reaching about 5,300 pins (could that REALLY be true?)!  I have boards that range from Household Tips, Beefcake Love (and I'm not talking hamburgers.....), Mixed Media, Knitting and Crocheting, just to name a few.  Oh, and we can't forget about the Animals!  If you are interested in following me on Pinterest just click on the button on the right sidebar.  Be warned - it is addicting!


My blog buddy, Sandy, from North Carolina hosts Project Pinterest.  Her blog is In The Hills of North Carolina.  It's always fun to see what others have created  - maybe putting their own spin on something they've seen.


Today I'm posting about some kid's clothes hangers that I wrapped in monkey fabric for a friend on mine's son.  
Pinterest motivation for this project
Drumroll - here's my take on the hangers using the monkey fabric.
My buddy and his new hangers

 
Here are the guidelines for Project Pinterest:
1. Decide which pin on Pinterest you’d like to recreate.
2. Create it!
3. Flop or success, create a blog post about your re-do and include the original pin’s url.
4. Add the Project Pinterest button to your post so others can join in too!
* From now on to be considered a "Featured Pinner" you need to add the Project Pinterest button to your blog please.
5. Link up and check out other bloggers’ posts!

Peace,
Kay

7 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Kay, These are very cool. Something you could make in the evening while watching television. I love hangers that are covered, because they sure help sundresses and large necked tops from sliding off the hangers. You always have such interesting posts. Thanks for sharing. Connie :)

Victoria said...

I love Pinterest too and am now following you on there, but I thought I was bad with over 300 pins. I am most definitely an amateur!

SandeeNC said...

I LOST you!! lol I fried my old computer and had to get a new one which means searching, reloading, adding back...losing my memory along with the computer!! I had been adding peeps back as they posted and I haven't seen you around in ages, just figured that out and liked screamed at my computer! Anyway, you are back on my "read everyday" list! Love the hangers, they are great! He looks happy to have them too! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Connie said...

Hi Kay, Thanks for visiting . . . It was a great place to stop and stretch and meeting Elnor and going through her shop was the icing on the cake. My husband's grandmother is the only other woman that I've ever met that was still running a business at 95. She lived to be 102 . . . I love meeting strong independent women. They are such an inspiration. Thanks for popping in and visiting, every-time I see you here I get a warm and fuzzy feeling . . . like a visit from and old friend. Have a wonderful week. Connie :)

Craftychris said...

Fab hangers - your buddy sure looks happy too xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

I'm totally staying away from Pinterest because I don't have time for any more addictions. Those hangers are real fun looking. I love cloth covered hangers to keep wide necked clothes on, plus they are just fun. Mine are from Target and boring not at all like these.

Maru said...

Besides being beautiful, they are ideal to recycle all those Plastic hangers that maybe are not very pleasing to the eye