Monday, July 9, 2012

People Like Us - movie review

A few weekends ago I went to see "People Like Us."   Overall it's a good movie.  I must admit, I was still thinking about Abraham Lincoln killing vampires..... 


People Like Us is a feel good movie.  It's a drama/comedy about family, inspired by true events.  Sam (Chris Pine)  learns that his father has suddenly died.   Against his wishes, Sam is called home, where he must put his father's estate in order and reconnect with his estranged family.   It was an interesting movie with some surprises along the way.   Also in the movie are Elizabeth Banks and Michelle Pfeiffer.    I really enjoyed the kid that played the kid (I think his name is Michael Hall D-Addari).

I'm still waiting for "Magic Mike" to come to my local theater. 

Peace,
Kay

2 comments:

Neet said...

Looks like the kind of film my friend, Mary, might get so hopefully I can watch it when we are next in CA in January. Thanks for the tips on films.
Hugs, Neet xx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

LOL! Still waiting for Magic Mike. I guess that goes with your Pinterest board on beefcakes (and not hamburgers).