Sunday, May 6, 2012

A Beautiful Saturday at the Crafts Fair

Every year there is a craft fair the Saturday before Mother's Day.  I had a great time strolling up and down the aisles and visiting with vendors and running into old friends.  Here's some photos from the day.
Two of my friends walking dogs that need adoption from the local Shelter
 There is always a great variety of items - pottery, jewelry, lawn art, bird houses, paintings, mixed media, goat cheese and pistachios.  Most of the vendors are from northern New Mexico.  It's always a fun event, but sometimes it gets rain in the afternoons.  This year was perfect - sunshine with a slight breeze.  That's the one nice thing about this area - you can be hot in the sun but step into the shade and it could  be 10 degrees cooler - very nice.


I hope your weekend was as nice and relaxed as mine!


Peace,
Kay

11 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Just popped over from my blog Kay to find you've written up about your craft fair. Gosh I wish I had been there, I love the birdhouses and the sunshine. It's still cold here in Lancashire UK.
Have a good week Kay
Lynn xx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Sounds like a great day out ;-)). I've tried to look at your Pinterest to find that project with the jigsaw puzzle pieces, but I couldn't find it ;(( x

Karen said...

WOW Kay it looks and sounds like you had a really great day! So many really interesting stalls with lots of talent on show, such amazing art projects.

I hope you have a lovely weekend, Hugs, Karen xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kay, that looks like fun and love those butterflies and the little bird feeders. Glad to hear the weather kept good for you. Elizabeth x

fairy thoughts said...

some fabulous craftyness going on there, no wonder you love to go..... very inspiring. But most of all I love the look of the sunshine, it is sooo cold over here in the uk even for may when it should be warming up. have a good week
janet

Brenda Brown said...

What a fabulous fair with so much crafty goodness. Wish we were in the sunshine.
hugs {brenda} xox

Connie said...

Kay, It looked like a wonderful day for a craft fair. I really like the rusty Native American symbols, very cool. Those birdhouses where sure pretty, too. Spring and summer always bring with them so many delightful opportunities to get outside and enjoy the weather. I love craft fairs, picnics, car shows, tractor pulls, boat races, farmers markets, all the fantastic things of the warmer seasons. Have a great week, and thank you for sharing your weekend with us. Connie :)

scrapwordsmom said...

This show looks amazing, Kay. Wish I lived nearby...I would have gone with you. My kind of perfect day!!!

Leslie

SandeeNC said...

I love going to craft shows, it will be my first time being in one coming up this Saturday, a little nervous, I admit. Anyway, I know I would have been at that pistachio Booth, yum! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Jema said...

Looks like a lot of fun! The variety from butterflies to pistachios! Thanks for following me through the tunnel my bloggy friend! I have been doing some soul searching and finding my direction. It feels good to know where to take the first step.

Neesie said...

I just wanted to see another of your posts other than the WOYWW and what a great surprise...the photos are great. It looks an amazing craft show.
A brilliant day by the look of it. ;D