Saturday, March 31, 2012

Egg Casserole and Spring Cleaning!

On the weekends breakfast is my favorite meal.
Hands down.  No doubt.
I modified an egg casserole and it came out great!
Here's what I did:

6 lightly beaten eggs
1/3 cup flour
2 cups of lean pork sausage (cooked/drained)
1 cup shredded mexican style cheese
1 cup green chili

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Mix the eggs and flour together.
Add the sausage, cheese and green chili to the egg mixture.
Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until it looks done.
Next time I'm going to add mushrooms and onion. 
I might even double up on the cheese.
Yummy for my tummy!


Then the tornado hit.  
I've started spring cleaning.
I live in a small space so every square inch counts.
I find myself wanting to do more mixed media and less
card making.  I have a new love for ATCs
so am keeping a nice stash of stamps to continue making those.
I actually made four this morning before the tornado.


On the dog front.  Katie is doing pretty well.
A few nights ago she was sniffing around looking for Daisy.  
She wasn't eating very well 
but today she's doing much better.
I'm hoping that she'll be happy as an only child
(not counting Tulip).
I'm doing o.k. too.  The hardest time is when I go to bed.  
Daisy always slept right beside me
and snored....


Thank you for all your love and hugs.  
It's amazing the support I've received from my blogging family!


Peace,
Kay



8 comments:

Di said...

This looks fabulous Kay! Time is your friend in getting used to being without Daisy - hope that you continue to progress. You never forget, but the pain becomes less raw and happier memories will soon return I hope. Hugs, Di xx

Brenda Brown said...

I hope all is ok Kay, thinking of you xox
I must try your casserole - looks very scrummy.
Hope you have a great Sunday.
hugs {brenda} xox

Victoria said...

Yummy looking recipe! Thinking of you x

scrapwordsmom said...

Kay...I am sorry...it sounds like you lost a beloved pet? I haven't been here in a few posts and missed that. Big hugs, Kay.

We had egg casserole TODAY! It is soooo delicious...I must say that adding the green chiles sounds deeeelish:)Next time I am doing that.

Have a great week.

Leslie

Craftychris said...

OOh that looks so yummy! I must give it a try. Things will get easier. Take care. xx

Bridget Larsen said...

ooh I'm gonna steal this recipe except for one teeny weeny bit in it, what is green chili? If I used a cup of our green chilli in any recipe I would have to call the fire brigade to help put us out, thats how hot our chili is. Thanks for visiting my WOYWW, so why arent you playing?
Bridget #84

Darnell said...

I'm glad to hear you and Katie are doing pretty well as you sadly adjust to your new world. You were missed at WOYWW, but I'm happy to see that you are cooking. Comfort food, that's what your recipe is! I love an egg bake and always try different variations. I'm looking forward to trying yours - thanks for sharing!

SandeeNC said...

(((hugs))), if you need more cleaning therapy I am happy to offer up my apartment to you, just thinking of you! lol seriously, just checking in with you, I know you are sad cause you haven't been visiting me much lately. I wish there was something I could do for you! I could come snore for you, my ex-husband says I do, ;) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)